Snapshot of NSW COVID-19 assistance – 2021
On 13 July 2021, the NSW and Federal Governments announced their economic support package aimed at supporting businesses and residents to deal with the recent COVID-19 lockdown. Outlined in this document by the NTAA (National Tax Accountants’ Association, is a snapshot of the key economic support measures being offered to those dealing with the economic ramifications of the health and safety requirements currently being experienced by the community. Please refer to the relevant administering body for the specific eligibility criteria and application process as applicable.
The NSW Government will be offering financial support to businesses impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions and stay-at-home orders.
If your business or not-for-profit organisation has been impacted by the restrictions, you may be eligible to apply from 19 July 2021.
You can get notified on existing and upcoming financial support, including:
- COVID-19 business grant: if you’re a business, sole trader or not-for-profit organisation impacted by the current Greater Sydney COVID-19 restrictions, you may be able to apply for a grant of up to $15,000 from 19 July 2021.
- Saving Jobs: a support program funded jointly by the NSW and Commonwealth governments to maintain employment of staff for small and medium businesses impacted by the current health restrictions.
- Micro business grant: if you’re a micro business (small business or sole trader with annual turnover of more than $30,000 and under $75,000) impacted by the current Greater Sydney COVID-19 restrictions, you may be able to apply for a $1500 payment per fortnight of restrictions from late July 2021.
To help avoid delays in completing your application:
- ensure your business and contact details are up-to-date with the Australian Business Register (ABR)
- ensure your personal, contact and business details are up-to-date in your MyServiceNSW Account and your business profile
- if you don’t have one, create a MyServiceNSW Account and business profile.
To be notified when COVID-19 financial support programs are available, complete the form on this page.