Community is important
One of the great privileges of operating our own dynamic Perth tax and accounting practice is being able to give back to causes that matter to us.
2018 Charity of Choice
In 2018 Simple Solutions charity of Choice is Assistance Dogs Australia
There are a variety of reasons why I have chosen Assistance Dogs Australia as my charity of choice for 2018
- We are an animal loving family and have two dogs and a cat. We have a massive Bull Mastiff cross Ridgeback called Jock (named after the South African Jock of the Bushveld icon, and not after some random pair of Bonds). Jock is 55kg of pure energy who runs with my hubby and would lick you to death, and is the softest gentlest goofiest mutt around. On the opposite spectrum we have a new little lady called Amber who is a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel and is 18 weeks old. She is pretty and petite and a real feisty little lady. She and Jock are firm friends. Our ginger ninja cat is called Blaze (please note the names of the Perth Scorchers mascots). My daughter wants to be a vet when she grows up (and that has been consistent since she was 3 years old) so suffice to say, animals will always be a big part of our lives.
- I have a client who works (mainly) with children with a variety of needs including autism and having heard firsthand the additional difference that an Assistance Dog has made in the lives of those children and their families was the catalyst for me to support this charity.
- A dog is a man’s best friend.
- Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd, if that is not enough …. Who does not love the over abundance of cuteness.
I continue to support Intensive Care Foundation and have sponsored the local Canning Cougars Tball Team
Our Eco Commitment
- Document Organisation – I don’t waste time sorting through piles of paper. Electronic storage allows for quick retrieval of information. I also don’t incur storage costs – and I can easily destroy electronic documents once the ATO prescription period has passed.
- Client Communication is Faster and Less Expensive – I have no postage or printing expenses; all documents are sent electronically
- Paperless Files Are Easily Saved and Retrieved on the Go – expenses and log books can be captured and stored electronically and easily retrieved at tax time. I encourage all my clients to maintain this method of storage for tax efficient filing and also to retain correct records (especially as most tax invoices fade over time)
- Automatic Backups – Multiple backups and cloud based storage allows for automatic backups, and also to plug in a new device and be ready to work in the event of hardware failure. Avoids loss of crucial documents in the event of fire or flood, or even theft.
- Data Security – cloud based security, data encryption, SSL certificates, encrypted logins etc provide far more secure environment then locked filing cabinet and paper shredder. As the holder of confidential client information including TFN’s and DOB’s and financial information – data security is critical to me for the protection of my clients confidential information.
- Environmental Friendliness – reduce paper and ink cartridge consumption. A paperless environment may also mean less energy consumption. Small businesses use less energy when printers, faxes, and copiers are inactive.
- Financial Benefits – the savings of going paperless extends beyond just the cost of the paper, which can be substantial. Ink and hardware replacement costs are also reduced.